RESIDENTIAL SMART LOCKERS
Parcel Logistics Done Right
The number of deliveries to residential associations has increased considerably in the past two years with no signs of slowing down. For condominium buildings, this means increased delivery driver foot traffic and staff hours tied up in parcel management. For HOAs, more delivery trucks are making more stops, which is both environmentally unfriendly and potentially dangerous for residents.
At ParcelPort, we understand the challenges associations face everyday. We design and manage the building of our software and hardware, giving you the flexibility you need to meet the challenges of your association. From turn-key, ready to install lockers to a fully customized solution, we have you covered.
Residential - 383 Unit Condominium
A large, 383 unit condominium sought to change the way in which their inbound courier shipments were managed.
The association's staff was inundated with up to 200 parcels arriving daily. It was becoming impossible to receive, store, and hand out parcels without annoying residents who often waited in line to retrieve their them.
With staff spending an increasing amount of time on parcel management, other duties were falling behind requiring additional staff to be hired. The association board and management company needed a solution to address the growing problem.
The property manager and the board were seeking an automated solution to take the burden of parcel management off their staff’s hands while also delivering an awesome service experience for their residents.
Specifically the solution needed to be:
- Accessible 24/7
- Courier agnostic
- Easily expandable
- Monitored and secure
- Quick and easy for residents
- Autonomous without staff interaction
- Able to handle a variety of parcel sizes
- Automated to handle resident registrations
After a thorough review of their options and considering other vendors, the board decided to deploy a ParcelPort Smart Locker to address their needs.
Their lockers provided an automated and elegant solution to their problem:
- 292 slot capacity
- 4 different slot sizes
- Any courier can drop parcels into the locker
- Resident registry automatically updated daily
- Residents are messaged their pick up codes
- Automated pickup reminders are sent
The residents, management and staff are now enjoying the following benefits:
- No more lost parcels
- Contactless transactions
- Privacy and security with all parcel deliveries
- Staff can focus on other key building priorities
- Residents can get their parcels in seconds, 24/7
- Significant cost savings due to reduced staffing requirements
- Within the first year, the property manager and board wished their investment and reaped the benefits sooner.